About Rebekah Stearns
Helping you find healing from
trauma and PTSD
Hello, and welcome!
I’m Rebekah, a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. I help people overcome traumatic experiences and lessen disruptive symptoms of PTSD, like anxiety, depression, irritability, stress, anger, and panic attacks.
Like most people, I’ve had my fair share of trauma and even from an early age, I knew I wanted to help others through theirs.
In a somewhat roundabout journey—that included working as a Federal Police Officer and EMT ambulance driver on the Yukon-Alaska border—I found my way to my current career as a therapist while raising a family, and soon-to-be finishing my doctoral degree.
My personal and professional experiences have led me to primarily work with teens and adults who are former military, law enforcement, EMT workers, nurses, prison guards, or rape and molestation victims.
My goal is to bring hope and healing to everyone I have the chance to help.
With me, you can expect a direct approach that’s effective, efficient, and intended to last.
You may be struggling with:
- Feeling like you’re going crazy
- Not sleeping through the night
- Anxiety, depression, irritability, anger
- Inability to maintain relationships
- Difficulty focusing at work
- Persistent panic attacks
- Zoning out or disassociating
- Reckless or risky behaviors
Methods I may use to help:
- Narrative Exposure Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Written Exposure Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Christian Counseling
Whether your trauma was experienced first-hand, you witnessed it happening to another person, or heard about someone else’s trauma, I can help you find healing.
My education and specialty training:
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Level 1 & 2
- Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Master of Arts, Professional Counseling
- Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Specialist (CCATP)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists (ATSS)